Broiled Redfish with Pecans
- 6 redfish (or any firm, white-flesh fish) fillets, each about 8 ounces
- 1 dash Salt, cayenne pepper and hot sauce to taste
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup thinly sliced white button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoon (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1 cup pecan meal
Makes 6 servings
Preheat the oven broiler. Arrange the rack about 4 inches from the heat. Oil the bottom of a baking pan with the olive oil and set aside.
Season the fillets with salt, cayenne and hot sauce. Set aside.
Combine the onion, bell pepper, celery and mushrooms in a mixing bowl. Season with salt, cayenne and hot sauce and toss to mix. Arrange the vegetable mixture in one layer on the bottom of the prepared pan.
Arrange the fillets over the vegetables and sprinkle with 1/4 cup of the wine and 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice. Put the pan under the broiler and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the oven and drizzle with the remaining wine and lemon juice, and the butter. Sprinkle the pecan meal evenly over the fish. Return the pan to the oven and broil until the fish flakes easily with a fork, 6 to 8 minutes longer.
Recommended side dish:
Click here to view Roasted Sweet Potatoes side dish.