Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 6 medium-size sweet potatoes (uncooked)
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet or smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 tablespoon (or enought to coat potatoes) pecan or olive oil
Makes 6 Servings
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Peel the potatoes and cut into cubes.
Put the potatoes in a mixing bowl and add the dry seasonings and toss to coat evenly. Drizzle with the oil and toss again to coat evenly.
Arrange the potatoes in a single layer in a shallow baking pan lined with foil. Roast on the lower rack for 8 minutes. Turn the chunks over and roast until tender, 6 to 10 minutes. Serve warm.
Click here to see Broiled Redfish with Pecans entree.