Banana Split Pie
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 8 tablespoon (1 stick) butter, melted
- 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1/2 pint heavy cream, beaten until soft peaks form
- 5 ripe bananas, cut crosswise into half inch slices
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (16-ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
Makes 12 to 16 servings
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
Put the pecan halves in a food processor or an electric blender and process to make a fine pecan meal.
Combine the graham cracker crumbs, pecan meal and the butter in a mixing bowl and mix well. Press the mixture onto the bottom and slightly up the sides of a 9x13-inch baking dish.
Combine the cream cheese and sugar in another mixing bowl and cream until light and fluffy. Beat the eggs into the cream cheese mixture, one at a time, until completely blended. Spread this mixture evenly over the graham cracker crust and bake for 30 minutes.
Remove from the oven and spread the sour cream over the cream cheese mixture and bake for 15 minutes longer. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
When cool, layer the bananas over the sour cream, then spread on the pineapples and then spread the whipped cream evenly over the top. Sprinkle with the chopped pecans and the cherries, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.