Pecan Bread Dressing
- 1/4 lb fresh pork sausage, removed from the casing and crumbled
- 6 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onions
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (12-inch) loaf day-old French bread, broken in small chunks
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (green part only)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, or more as needed
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter a casserole and set aside.
Brown the sausage in a small skillet until completely browned. Remove from the heat and drain on paper towels. Set aside.
Melt the butter in a medium-size skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, celery and garlic and cook, stirring, until soft, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and transfer the mixture to a large bowl. Add the sausage, bread, parsley, green onions, thyme and pecans. Season with salt and cayenne. Mix well. Add enough broth to moisten the mixture.
Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan and bake until warmed through, about 30 minutes.
Click here to see Broiled Redfish with Pecans entree.