Crabmeat Royale with Pecans with Broccoli and Caramelized Shallots
- 8 tablespoon butter, melted (1 stick)
- 2 lb jumbo lump crabmeat, picked over for shells and cartilage
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onions (green part only)
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 2 dash salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoon toasted pecan pieces
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
Gently toss the butter with the crabmeat in a mixing bowl. Add the lemon juice, green onions and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Gently toss again to mix.
Mound the mixture equally into 4 ramekins and sprinkle with the pecans. Bake for 10 minutes or until just warmed through. Serve immediately.
Broccoli with Caramelized Shallots
Makes 4 servings
1 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
4 large shallots, thinly sliced
1 bunch broccoli (about 1 1/2 pounds), cut into florets
1 tablespoon toasted pecan pieces
Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add the shallots and cook, stirring often, to a deep golden brown, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
Cook the broccoli in boiling, salted water until just tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain and add to the shallots in the skillet. Gently toss. Adjust seasoning if necessary. Sprinkle with the nuts and serve warm.