Pecan Crusted Salmon with Pecan Breaded Eggplant
- 4 salmon fillets, each 6 to 7oz
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Creole mustard
- 1 cup dried fine breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup ground pecans
- 1 eggplant (about 1lb)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ground pecans
- 2 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and cayenne pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
Peel and cut the eggplant into1/4-inch-thick slices. Put the eggplant slices in a large shallow dish and sprinkle generously with salt. Let stand for 30 minutes. Rinse the eggplant with cool tap water and pat dry.
Put the eggs in a shallow bowl. Combine the flour, pecans, cheese, paprika Italian seasoning in another shallow bowl and season with salt and cayenne.
Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat.
Dredge the eggplant slices first in the eggs, letting the excess drip off, then dredge flour mixture, tapping off any excess. Fry the eggplant, in batches, until golden brown, about 1 minute per side, and drain on paper towels.
To serve, arrange 2 slices of the fried eggplant in the center of 4 dinner plates and top each serving with a salmon fillet.