Egg Salad with Bacon and Pecans
- 12 hard boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion (green part only)
- 3/4 lb bacon, chopped, cooked crisp and drained
- 2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Creole mustard
- 1 dash salt, black pepper, and cayenne to taste
- 3 tablespoon chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
Makes 8 servings
Combine the eggs, celery, onions and bacon in a large mixing bowl.
Combine the horseradish, mayonnaise and Creole mustard and fold into the salad. Season to taste with salt, pepper and cayenne. Add the pecans and parsley and mix gently.
Serve at room temperature or chilled.