Pear, Greens, and Blue Cheese Salad
- 2 ripe pears, peeled,cored, and chopped
- 2 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- 1 dash salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 cup baby salad greens
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup toasted pecan pieces
Makes 6 Servings
Toss the pears with two teaspoons of the lemon juice and set aside.
In a small clean jar, combine the two tablespoons lemon juice, the oil, the mustard, and the shallots. Fit the jar with a lid and shake to blend. Season with salt and pepper. Shake again and set aside.
When ready to serve, put the salad greens in a large bowl, add the pears, cheese, and the pecans. Pour in the dressing and toss to coat evenly. Serve immediately.