Butterscotch Pecan Pie
- 8 tablespoon (1 stick) salted butter
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoon dark corn syrup
- 4 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 cup coarsely chopped toasted pecans (refer to toasting recipe)
- 1 (9-inch) prebaked pie shell
- 2 cup sweet whipped cream
Combine the butter, brown sugar, water and corn syrup in a heavy saucepan over medium heat and stir until the mixture reaches the soft ball stage (235 degrees on a candy thermometer (MB Check). Remove from the heat and set aside.
Combine the cornstarch, granulated sugar and salt in another heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add the milk and beaten eggs and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture is thick and smooth. Remove from the heat and add the brown sugar mixture. Stir until completely blended.
Pour the mixture into the pie shell and sprinkle with the pecans. Cool completely, then refrigerate until the filling sets, 2 to 3 hours.
Serve with whipped cream.