Cheesy Pecan Wafers
- 1/3 lb finely grated sharp Cheddar cheese, at room temperature
- 8 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon (or more to taste) cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon (or more to taste) hot sauce
- 1 cup pecan halves
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
Combine the butter, cheese, Worcestershire, cayenne, salt and flour in a food processor or electric blender and pulse several times to blend. The mixture should be soft and smooth.
Form the mixture into small balls, about the size of a pecan, and place on a cookie sheet. Flatten the balls with the tines of a fork to form a thick wafer (about 1/4 or 1/2 inch thick) and place a pecan half on each wafer.
Bake until just lightly browned, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Once the wafers are completely cooled, store them in between sheets of wax paper in airtight containers.