Ashley Roussel's Pecan Apple Crisps
- 5 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, chopped small
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 8 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoon chilled butter, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
Makes about 8 servings
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
For the filling:
5 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, chopped small
1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
3 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
8 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Mix the apples, pecans, flour, sugar, butter and lemon juice together. Place into individual cast irons or 7 to 8 ounce ramekins.
For the topping:
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoon chilled butter, cut into pieces
1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
Mix the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt in large bowl. Blend the butter into the mixture until it forms pea size lumps. Stir in pecans and sprinkle over filling.
Bake crisps for 35 to 40 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before serving. Serve with Creole Cream Cheese Ice Cream.