Ashley Roussel's Indian Spiced Lamb Chops
- 8 whole cloves
- 2 small dried chiles (such as chiles de arbol), stemmed
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 4 lamb chops, preferably in a rack, but individual chops work as well
Combine first five ingredients in sauté pan and toast over medium heat until aromatic. Allow to cool and then grind in a spice grinder. Once powdered add the cinnamon. Pre-made Indian spices such as garam masala will also suffice in this case.
Preheat oven to 400°F
Season lamb with salt and coat with spice blend. Allow to rest with spices for at least 30 minutes.
In a large oven safe skillet or cast iron heat 3 Tbsp vegetable oil. Once hot, sear all sides of your rack. Once seared and some color is developed, drop the pan into the oven to continue cooking to an internal temp of 145°F for medium rare or 160°F for medium.
Once desired temperature is reached remove the lamb and allow to rest for about 5-10 minutes before slicing.
Pecan and Gold Raisin Relish
- 2 cups Cane River pecans toasted and coarsely ground
- 1/2 cup gold raisins, chopped
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh mint
- 1 clove garlic, smashed and minced into a paste
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 3/4 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Directions:Combine pecans, parsley, mint, garlic, and lemon zest and juice in a medium bowl. Add oil in a thin stream, whisking constantly with a fork until the sauce is well combined; add raisins and season with salt and pepper.
Cover sauce and let sit at room temperature for 1 hour before serving. Sauce will keep, refrigerated and covered, for up to 3 days.
Creamy Coconut Charmoula
- 1 cup packed cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup packed parsley leaves
- 4 medium cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup coconut milk