Olivia Regard's Pecan Chicken Salad
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup Tony Chachere's seasoning mix
- 1/2 onion, chopped*
- 2 stalks celery, chopped*
- 1/2 green pepper chopped*
- 1 cup mayonnaise (I recommend Duke's)
- 1 cup pecan pieces, toasted
- seedless purple grapes
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Toast 1 cup of pecan pieces until fragrant (approx. 10 minutes).
2. Place chicken breasts in water until covered, and add 1/2 cup of Tony Chachere's seasoning. Bring water to a boil, and cook for 1 hour. Once cooked, remove chicken from water, and set aside to cool.
3. Shred or chop chicken to desired size. I like my salad chunky, but if you intend to serve on bread or prefer it shredded, go for it.
4. When ready to serve, mix chopped chicken and vegetables with 1/2 cup of mayo. Use more or less mayo to achieve the desired consistency. Add pecan pieces and grapes in. Stir to mix.
5. Add additional seasoning to taste.
You can serve the salad on a bed of lettuce, with good crunchy bread or as a sandwich. Enjoy!
Olivia's Tip: If you live in south Louisiana, I recommend using the chopped trinity mix available at most grocery stores (ex. Guidry's chopped seasoning mix). Otherwise, use fresh, not frozen, veggies chopped finely.