Olivia Regard's Mini-Pecan Pies
- 1 cup pecan pieces toasted
- 1/2 cup melted butter, cooled
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup light Karo Syrup
- 1/4 cup Steen's molasses
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 prepared pie shells
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Toast pecan pieces for approximately 10 minutes until fragrant.
3. Melt the butter, and set aside to cool while pecan pieces toast.
4. Whisk together eggs, sugar, light Karo syrup, Steen's molasses, salt and vanilla. Add the cooled butter to mixture.
5. Butter your muffin tins. For bite-sized pies, use mini muffin tins; for single serve pies, use a regular muffin tin.
6. Using a biscuit cutter for desired size, cut pie shell into rounds. Gently press dough in muffin tin but not all the way to the bottom of the tin.
7. Add pecan pieces to pie shell, and top with filling.
8. Bake muffins for 17 minutes until filling is set.
9. Let pies cool in tins, and gently remove. Store in an airtight container until you're ready to serve.
Pies freeze well, and any extra filling can be stored in the freezer for future pie-baking. Just be sure to return the pie to room temperature before serving. Enjoy!