- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
- dash salt
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 9 inch unbaked pie shell
- whipped cream
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Combine the eggs with the corn syrup, brown sugar, butter, almond extract and salt in a large mixing bowl and beat, by hand, until well mixed.
Fold in the coconut and pecans and pour into the pie crust. Bake until the center sets, 40 to 50 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool.
Serve topped with whipped cream.